Attention Fiction Lovers!




Hi Everyone,


If you’re reading my blog, I’ll instruct ahead in addition to assume y'all bring at to the lowest degree a smidgen of appreciation for my writing style. (And I give cheers y'all for that!) If y'all also direct house to savor reading fiction, I’d similar to acquaint y'all amongst an chance to combine the two.

I’ve mentioned hither in addition to in that place inwards yesteryear posts that I’ve been working on a novel. (My undergraduate grade is inwards creative writing, inwards fact. While I do honey talking virtually how the human trunk works, in addition to introducing y'all to interesting in addition to underutilized cuts of meat, writing fiction is my rootage love.) Well, I’m pleased to study that the very rough draft of this new is complete. There are some weak spots, in addition to the draft definitely needs operate in addition to revising, but in that place are also some lines that literally brand me cry, in addition to some sections that, upon re-reading, brand me nation to myself, “I wrote that? Damn, I’m good!”

So where do you come upwardly in? Well, what I postulate at this indicate is honest, unvarnished, unbiased feedback. I postulate a few people to plough over this matter a read in addition to tell me what plant in addition to what doesn’t, preferably acre providing suggestions on how to make the not-so-good parts better. Ultimately, a expert professional person editor volition aid me amongst this, but first, the draft needs to live on good enough to choose grip of the involvement of a literary agent, who tin ship away so connect me amongst editors in addition to publishers. I know I tin ship away self-publish if I desire to, but I’d prefer to instruct the traditional road rootage in addition to reckon if I tin ship away instruct this published through mainstream channels. (Including, 1 would hope, all the marketing bells & whistles in addition to distribution channels that are non every bit easily accessible to me if I were to do it myself in addition to sell it exclusively through, say, Amazon.)



If you’re intrigued plenty yesteryear the persuasion of beingness a reader guinea grunter for me that you’ve made it this far, I estimate y'all mightiness live on curious what the mass is about, huh? I’ll render to a greater extent than details to those who terminate upwardly taking this on, but inwards a teeny, tiny nutshell, the mass tells the even of a homo who discovers a half-sister he didn’t know he had. She had been left behind inwards Europe afterward the Holocaust, in addition to they encounter at a professional person conference inwards Paris. (They’re both astrophysicists.) The mass is narrated yesteryear 2 people, switching betwixt the acquaint twenty-four hours (which, inwards the book, is 2006), every bit good every bit through flashbacks to WWII. Present twenty-four hours is narrated yesteryear the son, in addition to the flashbacks are narrated yesteryear the mother. The flashbacks to the Holocaust are non graphic, so if y'all experience that would disturb you, I recall you’ll live on okay amongst this. The mass goes through how the boy finds the half-sister, how in addition to why she was left behind, in addition to how they forge ahead. There are parts that drag a little, in addition to parts that peradventure rush over things likewise fast, thus me needing aid to tighten things up. Are my characters believable? Is the dialogue apartment in addition to stunted, or does it audio similar people actually talking to each other? Is in that place anything expert virtually this new at all, or should I wipe it from my difficult campaign in addition to pretend it never existed? (And so strap some concrete shoes onto my feet in addition to instruct for a squeamish swim inwards the Potomac River? [But non earlier writing a volition to direct the proper distribution of all the groovy inwardness inwards my freezer.])

The draft is 293 pages long inwards Microsoft Word. I’m non certain what that would interpret to inwards “real book” format, but the give-and-take count is 167,427. (Im pretty certain that, afterward beingness edited in addition to undergoing pregnant revision, it volition live on quite a combat shorter, but that’s where it is for now.) Ideally, I’d similar to bring some feedback inside 6-10 weeks. So if y'all recall y'all could read my draft inwards that amount of time, in addition to you’d similar to aid me amongst this, delight contact me straight via email: tuitnutrition [at] gmail [dot] com. Serious inquiries only, please. If you’re interested inwards doing this, I’ll ship y'all to a greater extent than data virtually what, exactly, I’m looking for when I nation “feedback,” in addition to what I’d postulate y'all to do every bit a reader.

Also, if you’re non certain whether you’d desire to do this or not, experience complimentary to e-mail me, in addition to I tin ship away ship y'all the rootage few pages so y'all tin ship away instruct a gustation of my “other” form of writing.

Thanks so much, everyone!


P.S. Lots to a greater extent than inwards shop for the weblog inwards the coming weeks in addition to months. I’m also going to start getting active on Facebook. More on that soon. (Were y'all fifty-fifty aware has a FB page? I participate inwards social media kicking & screaming a bit, to live on honest, but it does seem that lots of people interact on FB most often, in addition to since I quit my twenty-four hours chore [YES, I DID IT!], momma’s gotta start drumming upwardly some to a greater extent than bid’ness!)







Remember: Amy Berger, M.S., NTP, is non a doctor in addition to , LLC, is non a medical practice. The data contained on this site is non intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or preclude whatsoever medical condition.

Sumber http://www.tuitnutrition.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post