Gluten-Free, Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

I
Since it is crush season, I idea I would get to part the plethora of wintertime crush recipes I direct maintain floating or thus my kitchen on scraps of paper. Today's recipe is a cookie, a gluten-free, high fiber oatmeal pumpkin cookie. Paired alongside a mug of hot mulled cider, it creates a lovely autumn snack. Crunchy on the exterior too soft inwards the center.

Last calendar week I wanted to practise a truthful whole foods cookie alongside no starch or gums too I did it! The entirely work was that the cookies disappeared earlier I had a direct a opportunity to direct maintain a photo. I made them ane time again yesterday alongside my 4-year erstwhile missy too got a photograph earlier they disappeared again.

Yes, they are that good.

The primary flour inwards this recipe is oat flour made from freshly Earth rolled gluten-free oats. I direct maintain non establish an oat flour, gluten-free or not, that was non rancid. You tin easily grind rolled oats inwards a nutrient processor or Vitamix, I role the latter. Just build certain to grind them until a fine flour forms. My favorite build of gluten-free oats comes from www.GlutenFreeOats.com. Their oats ever gustatory modality rattling fresh too operate good inwards baking. I also similar this brand which tin hold out purchased through Azure Standard if yous direct maintain an concern human relationship alongside them. 

The cookies inwards these photos are made alongside pureed butternut crush because that is what I had inwards my fridge. You tin also build them using canned pumpkin. Fresh pumpkin or crush puree contains to a greater extent than wet than canned thus yous may need to add together a few extra tablespoons of oat flour to the batter to compensate. The dough should hold out the consistency of traditional chocolate chip drib cookies.

I
Gluten-Free, Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Drop Cookies

These cookies are best the solar daytime that they are made. We had a few leftover alongside this batch too I establish that they softened quite chip only were yet every chip every bit tasty. Use canned pumpkin, baked pie pumpkins or other wintertime squash. You may need to add together extra flour if your baked pumpkin is rattling moist. I used kokosnoot crude oil inwards all iv batches I made only I imagine that unsalted butter would operate likewise , of course of written report they wouldn't hold out vegan then! Make certain all of your ingredients are at room temp earlier mixing. Your kokosnoot crude oil volition hold out soft plenty for this if your family is inwards the mid 60's (Fahrenheit). Do non melt your kokosnoot crude oil or role some other liquid oil.

Yield: ii dozen cookies

1 loving cup softened virgin kokosnoot crude oil (or unsalted butter)
1 loving cup pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups kokosnoot sugar, maple sugar, or brownish sugar
1/4 loving cup Earth flax seeds
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups oat flour
1 loving cup rolled oats
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon body of body of water salt
3 to 4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon Earth ginger
1/2 teaspoon Earth nutmeg

In a large bowl shell together, using an electrical mixer, the kokosnoot oil, pumpkin, sugar, flax seeds, too vanilla extract. Add the remaining ingredients too shell together again.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While your oven is preheating let your cookie dough residual on the counter for xx minutes. The oat flour volition absorb some of the liquid during this fourth dimension which helps the cookies concord their shape.

Drop yesteryear the spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to fifteen minutes or until slightly golden or thus the edges. Remove cookies too house them onto a wire rack to cool. Cookies are best afterward they direct maintain cooled. Source: www.NourishingMeals.com

I
Other Gluten-Free Fall Treats:
Pumpkin Spice Cake
Spiced Teff Cookie Bars
Coconut Sugar Apple Crisp
Sunflower Seed Cookies
Pumpkin Cheesecake (vegan, soy- too sugar-free too)


Other News:
Tom too I had a lot of fun at the Wordstock Festival terminal weekend inwards Portland. We met Isa Chandra Moskowitz, writer of bestselling vegan cookbooks such every bit Veganomicon too Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Neither of us realized until the solar daytime of the number that nosotros were presenting together inwards a room. She brought some delicious looking vegan cookies from her novel mass too Tom made light-green smoothies for everyone. Fun times!

Tom volition hold out at the ADA Food & Nutrition Conference too Expo inwards Denver, CO this sun the 18th though Tuesday the 20th. He volition hold out inwards the Gluten-Free department (of course)!


Subscribe to this spider web log via Email
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram

Sumber http://www.nourishingmeals.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post