Gluten-Free Quinoa Seed Crackers (Vegan)

I
I wanted to accept a 2d away from the Elimination Diet frenzy in addition to post a gluten-free cracker recipe. I receive got been rattling excited to portion this awesome recipe in addition to forthwith is my chance. Before I motion on to stage 2 recipes I idea I would offering this to those of you lot non next the Elimination Diet.

This is a crispy cracker made from cooked quinoa, sorghum flour, extra virgin olive oil, seeds, in addition to NO xanthan gum! It is rattling tardily to brand if you lot ain a nutrient processor. Plus, in that place are hence many ways to tweak it.

Say, Cracked Black Pepper in addition to Coarse Sea Salt?

Or, Olive-Rosemary Quinoa Crackers?

I imagine that the variations are endless, hence delight dig inwards in addition to larn creative!

These gluten-free crackers are super kid-friendly! I mean, hey, what's non to honey inwards a slightly salty, crunchy snack served amongst Hummus in addition to apple tree slices? My children are smitten for sure!

This recipe has a piffling storey behind it. Over Christmas nosotros were visiting Tom's family. My sister-in-law made a variation of these using chocolate-brown rice flour in addition to cooked chocolate-brown rice, no seeds, for a birthday political party to celebrate all of the Jan birthdays. (Hint hint: Both Tom in addition to I receive got birthdays inwards January, inwards fact, today is Tom's birthday!) She got the recipe from a friend who had adapted a recipe from vegweb.com. I tweaked the chocolate-brown rice version into a quinoa-sorghum version because I am a curious cook. I similar to meet what happens amongst dissimilar ingredients. Kitchen alchemy never gets boring!

I
Quinoa-Seed Crackers

The flim-flam to making crispy crackers is to gyre the dough extra thin, every bit sparse every bit you lot tin larn it. If involve be, split the dough into 2 balls to locomote with. Use 2 cookie sheets instead of i large one. To brand the whole procedure easy, gyre out the dough inwards betwixt 2 pieces of parchment newspaper in addition to and hence slide the i belongings the crackers onto a cookie sheet. Once cooled, shop crackers inwards an airtight container at room temp. I don't all the same know how long these continue every bit they don't final to a greater extent than than a twenty-four hours here!

Crackers:
1 loving cup sorghum flour
1/2 loving cup sugariness rice flour
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ocean salt
3/4 loving cup cooked quinoa
6 to vii tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/3 to 1/2 loving cup water

Topping:
1 to 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 to 2 tablespoons flax seeds
1 to 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
sea tabular array salt in addition to cracked dark pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Place the sorghum flour, sugariness rice flour, arrowroot, baking soda, in addition to tabular array salt inwards a nutrient processor. Give it a whirl or 2 in addition to hence add together the quinoa in addition to olive oil. Process until combined. Slowly add together the water, piece processing, only until the dough forms a ball. Stop at this indicate in addition to don't add together anymore water.

Place the dough ball on a canvas of parchment paper. Place only about other piece on top, flatten the dough amongst your hands in addition to and hence commence rolling into a large, sparse circle. To larn inwards easier, split the dough into 2 in addition to gyre separately. Just hold out certain to continue rolling to larn the dough ultra-thin.

I
Remove the exceed layer of parchment in addition to sprinkle amongst seeds. Gently gyre them into the dough (gently).

I
Slide the rolled-out dough onto a large cookie sheet. Use a pizza cutter to piece the dough into modest squares.

I
Bake for xxx to 35 minutes. Watch baking fourth dimension carefully every bit it volition totally depend on the thickness of your crackers! Crackers volition crisp upwards every bit they cool. Store inwards an airtight jar. Source: www.NourishingMeals.com

I
I am reading a mass correct forthwith called The Happiness Project yesteryear Gretchen Rubin. Anyone heard of it? It is a novel mass that I came across on amazon.com piece buying only about reading workbooks for my daughter. Getting through all the twenty-four hours to twenty-four hours materials amongst 4 immature children tin sometimes experience similar drudgery. But I don't desire it too.

Don't larn me incorrect nosotros receive got many, many joyous moments each day, but I would similar to broaden my persuasion of life in addition to savour the unpleasant things more...like the poo diapers that involve changing only when you lot are gear upwards walk out the door. This mass is witty in addition to fun. It offers perspective on the piffling things inwards life in addition to reminds us to alive inwards the present. I rapidly became absorbed inwards this mass in addition to retrieve it may convey joy to those who read it. It is written yesteryear a mom amongst 2 immature daughters which is belike why I resonate hence much amongst her writing in addition to stories. Currently it is i of Amazon's bestsellers!

Happy Cooking! Ali :)



Subscribe to this spider web log via Email
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram

Sumber http://www.nourishingmeals.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post