How This Accountant Started Transporting Horses

By Lucy M. Pritchett




Natalie Roberts didn’t await to sense a Turning Point when she agreed to brand a trip across the edge into some other country.

This was vii years ago, in addition to she was working inwards an accounting seat alongside a theater inwards Southern Indiana. An chance arose for her to carry race horses to Canada. The trainer of those horses didn’t get got a passport in addition to couldn’t locomote out of the country, in addition to then he offered Natalie what she says was a “substantial amount of money” to carry the horses in addition to lead maintain them at the runway for a few weeks.

Natalie had grown upwardly to a greater extent than or less horses — Saddlebreds, Morgans, Quarter horses, in addition to miniatures. She showed horses all over the province in addition to was experienced inwards transporting them. At the University of Louisville she earned a marker inwards work organization management.

“I had been looking for a agency to start a minor work organization in addition to 1 that I could driblet dead into alongside my parents,” Natalie says. “It simply in addition to then happened that at the fourth dimension my dad was getting ready to retire, in addition to I felt that I could create a work organization on transporting race horses. That was the firstly of Latitude Equestrian. I left my project in addition to continued to piece of work for that trainer for 2 years. He had over a hundred horses, in addition to I transported them for him in addition to took aid of the them at the races.”

Now this 35-year-old adult woman from Oldham County spends virtually days inwards her dark Ford 350 Super Duty pickup truck, driving horses from farms or grooming facilities to race tracks in addition to dorsum again.


“I used to carry my ain horses, in addition to I'm a licensed assistant trainer in addition to then I tin lead maintain a lot of work organization at a race track. Typically I carry a Equus caballus or horses to the racetrack in addition to provide them to the grooming centre inwards Oldham County. Sometimes I’m gone for a week, but mostly I average 2 to iii days out of town.” Her routes by in addition to large include Turfway Park, Ellis Park, Churchill Downs, Keeneland, in addition to tracks inwards New York, Arkansas, Iowa, in addition to Florida.

HighPointe Farm & Training Center. Photos past times Patti Hartog


Most trips volition abide by her alongside a driving companion, either a cousin, a friend, or perchance her mom. She spends her hours on the route listening to the radio in addition to planning what needs to live on done when she arrives at her destination. She started the society alongside 1 Equus caballus trailer in addition to directly has three.

Natalie says in that place are solely iii or 4 women who are doing this type of work, in addition to typically they are run of a husband-wife team. “Off the pinnacle of my caput I tin solely mean value of 1 other sole woman somebody van driver. It's definitely a male-dominated industry, but women inwards this manufacture get got done well. I am definitely rewarded for what I do.

“I dear this industry. It is form of one-time school. The people dear the horses in addition to racing. We desire to accept aid of the horses in addition to desire everyone to create well.”

Natalie takes a Equus caballus to his stall. 


Of course, Natalie says, the work organization has its downfalls. She has no existent schedule in addition to may larn a telephone telephone firstly affair inwards the morn in addition to live on on the route to Florida that afternoon. “I mightiness live on unloading horses inwards the pouring rain, but the upsides outweigh anything similar that. I larn to locomote in addition to I’ve driblet dead friends alongside the families of trainers. Best of all I larn to pass fourth dimension alongside the horses — they are swell animals.

“I similar to live on inwards command of my life equally much equally possible. I knew I had to accept a lead chances whether it was correct or wrong. I'm grateful for the back upwardly of my parents. I wouldn't live on where I am today if I hadn’t taken the risk. It’s actually the best affair I’ve always done for myself.”
Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post