Shopping For The Hunger Challenge

 No affair how much I stretched my budget shopping at less expensive stores this yr Shopping for the Hunger Challenge

 No affair how much I stretched my budget shopping at less expensive stores this yr Shopping for the Hunger ChallengeThere volition live on no coffee, no tea, no chocolate, no H2O ice cream this week. No affair how much I stretched my budget shopping at less expensive stores this year, some things are simply out of the question. In the by I bring shopped at Safeway too at Whole Foods for the Hunger Challenge. This year, I did my top dog shopping at what is considered a "price-impact warehouse store" Foods Co and picked upwardly a few mass items at Rainbow Grocery (a coop). What precisely is a price-impact warehouse store? Warehouse stores are ofttimes located inwards depression rent areas, bring spartan, warehouse means interiors too most importantly, depression prices. They are non every bit service oriented or every bit high priced every bit traditional supermarkets.

Shopping at Foods Co was pump opening. The demographic of their shoppers is clearly non the typical supermarket shopper. I saw to a greater extent than ofttimes than non Asian too Latino shoppers many who were non speaking English, primarily immature families too some older couples. The store was bustling on a Sabbatum too people were clustered to a greater extent than or less the sale items too comparing shopping, looking at prices. More than 1 time I heard person talking nearly pay day. One adult woman complained nearly the cost of chicken. She told me she has a small-scale fridge too freezer right away too cannot purchase the larger "value packs."

While prices for some things were good, the lineament of the create was non consistently high. The pears, iv pounds for a $1, were small-scale too hard, too many had cosmetic imperfections. I couldn't uncovering 1 expert eggplant. They were all old, wrinkly, many amongst mushy brownish spots. There were virtually no organic products. When I couldn't uncovering something employees pointed me inwards the full general administration but never stopped what they were doing to deal me.

My initial shopping listing of items cost me $40 at Foods Co would bring cost $65 at Safeway (according to my virtual shopping cart on Safeway.com). Bottom line: Foods Co = CHEAP.

At Rainbow Grocery I bought mass items that I would non bring otherwise been able to afford such every bit extra virgin olive oil, roasted soy nuts, raisins too couscous.

 No affair how much I stretched my budget shopping at less expensive stores this yr Shopping for the Hunger Challenge

Here is my entire shopping listing for ii people, for 1 week:

Foods Co
Cilantro .33
Turnip greens .78
Lemon .33
iii yogurts 1.00
Bok choy .41
Republic of Chile peppers .88
Green onions .33
Mixed fruit (12 apples, oranges) 3.98
Bartlett pears (6 really small) .48
Ginger .27
Mushrooms 1.98
Rice 1.98
Chicken thighs (10) 4.04
Chili pulverization .99
Italian means canned tomatoes .98
Mexican means canned tomatoes .98
Canned corn .75
Bouillon .98
Milk (quart) 1.48
Red beans (1 lb bag) 1.25
White edible bean (1 lb bag) 1.25
Lentils (1 lb bag) 1.28
Eggs 2.50
Corn tortillas (30) 1.08
Salsa 1.50
Instant oatmeal (10 packs) 1.98
Pasta .25
Panela cheese (10 oz) 3.18
Quesadilla cheese (10 oz) 3.85
Garlic .49
Bacon (12 slices) 3.50
Italian seasoning .98
Zucchini (1 small) .68
Onions (3 large) .65

TOTAL $47.74

Rainbow Grocery
Extra virgin olive stone oil 2.31
Cinnamon .31
Couscous 2.17
Raisins 1.21
Soy nuts 2.19
Frozen spinach 1.59

TOTAL $9.73 (with pocketbook credit)

GRAND TOTAL $57.47

Note: The full budget for 2 people is 66.08, but my hubby is exclusively partly participating inwards the challenge. I volition cost out my meals.
Sumber http://cookingwithamy.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post