By Megan M. Seckman
Soon Bahrami wears many hats. This 41-year-old Louisville resident is a certified dermatopathologist, a full-time faculty fellow member at the University of Louisville’s School of Medicine, a practicing physician amongst Associates inward Dermatology, as well as a fitness guru. But her favorite chapeau this season? The Derby hat, of course.
Soon too industrial plant every bit a celebrity host for the Unbridled Eve Charitable Foundation’s crowning event, Unbridled Eve, which takes house the Fri earlier Derby. This purpose gives her a direct chances to last an ambassador for our town as well as to present celebrities where they tin uncovering a slap-up dinner topographic point or a gym. H5N1 perk of the job? It gives Soon a direct chances to clothing upward inward sparkly heels as well as a fancy gown. “This is the best political party inward town on Friday,” she says. “The celebrities aren’t roped off — they are seated inward the principal dining expanse — as well as in that place is first-class alive entertainment. It’s such a lovely agency to showcase our metropolis to an oftentimes international audience, as well as it too benefits many charities similar Blessings inward a Backpack.”
As a child, Soon’s favorite pastime was designing couture from her Fashion Plates kit (remember the niggling plates yous could mix-and-match amongst the rubbing crayon?). Today, she is able to celebrate her beloved of fashion during the Derby season. “There is no excuse to non larn to Derby!” she says. “I larn to Thurby, the Unbridled Eve Gala on Friday, Derby on Saturday, as well as thence autumn over on Sunday.”
For the Gala, she tends to have on a gown flora online; for the Derby she wears a uncomplicated sleeveless sheath dress. Shopping is the doctor’s therapy, thence she checks the fashion featured inward local boutiques or on the discount designer boutique sites gilt.com or ruelala.com. But the hat? That’s a unlike storey altogether.
“One house yous tin never larn overboard, or larn at the final minute, is your Derby hat. More is never enough,” Soon says. “My chapeau lady, Mary Anderson, starts designing my chapeau inward April, as well as I operate the residuum of the outfit some the hat. She ever asks me ‘Is this enough?’ as well as it never is. I’m into big, vertical acme because I’m petite, thence betwixt the chapeau as well as my wedges, I tin gain 6 inches easy! I receive got kept every Derby chapeau over the years because I encounter them every bit a operate of art. I’m a chapeau purist.”
Before I go… I receive got a loving cup of coffee, banking concern check my calendar, shower, apply makeup as well as pack 2 bottles of H2O to rest hydrated. I endeavour to rest every bit low-maintenance every bit possible — I’m out inward 45 minutes to an hour. Unless it’s Derby, as well as thence it’s all almost my chapeau as well as some real comfortable wedges, or rainboots, depending on the weather.
Product she’s loving? I apply Clinique facial serum to my expression upward as well as hands every solar daytime as well as Aquaphor to my lips. I beloved Lancôme’s oculus products as well as Bare Minerals for makeup. As a dermatopathologist, I recommend Obagi every bit a high-end production delineate as well as Neutrogena for over-the-counter. But most importantly, H2O as well as sunscreen should last inward everyone’s pare attention regimen.
Latest buy she’s praising? Well, that’s difficult because I store every day! I beloved my Beyond Yoga leggings as well as stores such every bit Clodhoppers as well as Modern Elegance that text me when they larn my favorite brands. I beloved the personal connectedness of a boutique store.
Fashion she’s wearing? I beloved French Connection, Black Halo, as well as BCBG have on lines as well as L.A.M.B. past times Gwen Stefani for shoes.
Jewelry every adult woman should last wearing? For the Gala, I similar a large cocktail telephone amongst my diamond lawn tennis bracelet. For everyday, I similar to mix contestation jewelry amongst casual have on (a sweatshirt as well as distressed jeans amongst a blingy necklace or earrings). My position out i go-to accessory, though, is a slap-up watch. I must receive got 25 or thirty watches. I never move out dwelling without a scout as well as a smile. Smiles expect skillful on everyone.
Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
![]() |
| Whether she's pulling together a Derby outfit or planning a party, Soon Bahrami doesn't settle for less than the best. Photos past times Patti Hartog |
Soon Bahrami wears many hats. This 41-year-old Louisville resident is a certified dermatopathologist, a full-time faculty fellow member at the University of Louisville’s School of Medicine, a practicing physician amongst Associates inward Dermatology, as well as a fitness guru. But her favorite chapeau this season? The Derby hat, of course.
Soon too industrial plant every bit a celebrity host for the Unbridled Eve Charitable Foundation’s crowning event, Unbridled Eve, which takes house the Fri earlier Derby. This purpose gives her a direct chances to last an ambassador for our town as well as to present celebrities where they tin uncovering a slap-up dinner topographic point or a gym. H5N1 perk of the job? It gives Soon a direct chances to clothing upward inward sparkly heels as well as a fancy gown. “This is the best political party inward town on Friday,” she says. “The celebrities aren’t roped off — they are seated inward the principal dining expanse — as well as in that place is first-class alive entertainment. It’s such a lovely agency to showcase our metropolis to an oftentimes international audience, as well as it too benefits many charities similar Blessings inward a Backpack.”
![]() |
| A twain of Soon's Derby hats from previous years. |
As a child, Soon’s favorite pastime was designing couture from her Fashion Plates kit (remember the niggling plates yous could mix-and-match amongst the rubbing crayon?). Today, she is able to celebrate her beloved of fashion during the Derby season. “There is no excuse to non larn to Derby!” she says. “I larn to Thurby, the Unbridled Eve Gala on Friday, Derby on Saturday, as well as thence autumn over on Sunday.”
For the Gala, she tends to have on a gown flora online; for the Derby she wears a uncomplicated sleeveless sheath dress. Shopping is the doctor’s therapy, thence she checks the fashion featured inward local boutiques or on the discount designer boutique sites gilt.com or ruelala.com. But the hat? That’s a unlike storey altogether.
![]() |
| Soon as well as her married adult man Joe Workman bask collecting unlike types of art. This European Equus caballus carousel is from the 19th century. |
“One house yous tin never larn overboard, or larn at the final minute, is your Derby hat. More is never enough,” Soon says. “My chapeau lady, Mary Anderson, starts designing my chapeau inward April, as well as I operate the residuum of the outfit some the hat. She ever asks me ‘Is this enough?’ as well as it never is. I’m into big, vertical acme because I’m petite, thence betwixt the chapeau as well as my wedges, I tin gain 6 inches easy! I receive got kept every Derby chapeau over the years because I encounter them every bit a operate of art. I’m a chapeau purist.”
Before I go… I receive got a loving cup of coffee, banking concern check my calendar, shower, apply makeup as well as pack 2 bottles of H2O to rest hydrated. I endeavour to rest every bit low-maintenance every bit possible — I’m out inward 45 minutes to an hour. Unless it’s Derby, as well as thence it’s all almost my chapeau as well as some real comfortable wedges, or rainboots, depending on the weather.
Product she’s loving? I apply Clinique facial serum to my expression upward as well as hands every solar daytime as well as Aquaphor to my lips. I beloved Lancôme’s oculus products as well as Bare Minerals for makeup. As a dermatopathologist, I recommend Obagi every bit a high-end production delineate as well as Neutrogena for over-the-counter. But most importantly, H2O as well as sunscreen should last inward everyone’s pare attention regimen.
Latest buy she’s praising? Well, that’s difficult because I store every day! I beloved my Beyond Yoga leggings as well as stores such every bit Clodhoppers as well as Modern Elegance that text me when they larn my favorite brands. I beloved the personal connectedness of a boutique store.
![]() |
| "I have on workout leggings from Beyond Yoga for my Barre3 classes. They are super comfortable." Soon uses her Garmin sports scout to runway her miles when she runs. |
Fashion she’s wearing? I beloved French Connection, Black Halo, as well as BCBG have on lines as well as L.A.M.B. past times Gwen Stefani for shoes.
Jewelry every adult woman should last wearing? For the Gala, I similar a large cocktail telephone amongst my diamond lawn tennis bracelet. For everyday, I similar to mix contestation jewelry amongst casual have on (a sweatshirt as well as distressed jeans amongst a blingy necklace or earrings). My position out i go-to accessory, though, is a slap-up watch. I must receive got 25 or thirty watches. I never move out dwelling without a scout as well as a smile. Smiles expect skillful on everyone.
![]() |
| "I beloved contestation necklaces as well as champagne is my favorite adult beverage, which I don't experience should last saved merely for exceptional occasions." The necklaces are from Chloe & Isabel. |
![]() |
| Soon loves wearing her Michael Kors (left) as well as Fossil (right) watches. |
Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/








