She Loves a Party So Much, She Created a Festival

By Lucy M. Pritchett

Tisha Gainey has acquire a arts and crafts beer connoisseur who gets joy from going to operate each day.  Photos yesteryear Patti Hartog


This woman’s turning betoken occurred inward a World War II-era floor hangar at Bowman Field. No, she didn’t start taking flight lessons or acquire an floor mechanic....




It all started with Tisha Gainey’s dearest of arts and crafts beer too a practiced party, which led to the founding of the Tailspin Ale Fest inward 2013.

The success of the Tailspin Ale Fest gave Tisha the confidence to build a major career move.


Tisha has had quite a winding career path since she graduated from Purdue University inward 1997 with a bachelor’s grade inward communications.

“Growing upward I was interested inward graphic design, advertising, too marketing. That is what I focused on inward college. Well, that too arts and crafts beer,” Tisha says with a laugh. “College is practiced for learning a lot of things non taught inward the classroom. I didn’t actually similar the sense of savour of domestic beers too developed a liking for Sam Smith, Sierra Nevada, too Cask Ale 85.”

The difficult operate too endeavour Tisha has set into the festival helped her attain a notable reputation. 


Her grade led her to a task equally a projection coordinator for Disney inward Florida too equally an advertising coordinator for a existent estate company. Then her dearest of arts and crafts beer gave rising to a seat equally a arts and crafts beer distributor for World Class Beverages.

“That was inward 2007, which was an exciting fourth dimension to acquire people to assay out brands other than but the mainstream beers,” she says. “I represented most twoscore brands. It was corking to convey a task where I got to speak to people most something I actually enjoyed.”

After v years inward sales, she took a task equally drinkable manager for a local restaurant.

It was during that fourth dimension that she too Trevor Cravens, president of Draft Publishing, came upward with the sentiment of Tailspin Ale Fest.

“I had worked beer festivals for other people, too I wanted to set on something a piffling different,” Tisha says. “We loved the sentiment of belongings the termination inward the floor hangar equally it highlights to a greater extent than or less of the history of Louisville. Bowman Field is the oldest continually operating commercial airfield inward North America. It was an of import grooming base of operations during World War II. It has a corking history.”

Russian Yak warplane used inward World War II


Choosing Bowman Field equally the venue for the festival adds an unexpected twist to the event.
The success of the festival — it sold out to a crowd of 2,400 — inspired Tisha to spread her wings 1 time again. In 2014, she opened HB Productions, a beer consulting too termination planning business. (I am sworn to secrecy – y'all volition convey to inquire Tisha what the HB stands for...)

“I knew it was risky to acquire out out on my own, but the commencement Ale Fest confirmed for me that I tin produce this,” Tisha says. “I knew I had to acquire out for it. I knew I would locomote unhappy if I didn't try.

“I convey ever been a difficult worker, but putting inward 12- to 15-hour days is non too thus bad when it is for my ain company. It has helped me larn to prioritize things inward my life.

“I am happy working for myself. I am to a greater extent than disciplined because I know that if I don't produce something, it won't acquire done. But I convey also learned to inquire for assist too to know when I demand to inquire for help.”

The business's commencement twelvemonth has gone real well, Tisha says. She has had a paw in, with others, Jeffersontown's Summer Craft Beer Festival too Casks for a Cause. The 3rd Tailspin Ale Fest volition locomote held this twelvemonth on Saturday, Feb xx at the Louisville Executive Aviation Hangar at Bowman Field. (tailspinalefest.com)

“I similar to throw a practiced political party too produce goodness a practiced cause.” Tisha says. “My tails but acquire out along on spinning.”

In improver to organizing the festival, Tisha stays busy with her describe organisation too other projects.  


Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post