Dallas Dweller: Heidi Dillon

Ken Downing, Heidi Dillon, Bill Dillon in addition to Dallas Dillon at the 2015 FGI Night of Stars Gala

Dallas is total of colorful characters. There are those y'all regard monthly inwards the social club pages, whose stories are legendary inwards this town. But, this characteristic is inspired past times the people that I recollect y'all should know to a greater extent than nigh because of their fabulous style, interesting back-story or amazing accomplishments. Dallas Dweller seeks to innovate y'all to these fabulous faces.

Dallas Dweller: Heidi Dillon

I adore Heidi Dillon because she is a adult woman total of contradictions. The infinitesimal y'all recollect y'all receive got her figured out - BAM! - she does something that has your caput spinning. She's a professor's wife, Mother, fashion-lover, fine art collector, talent manager, makeup artist, musician, fiercely loyal friend, hostess extraordinaire... in addition to those are simply a few of the many facets of her personality that I receive got gotten to know over the past times few years. Dillon is i of those people who believes that nix worth doing is worth doing at total throttle. She late decided that she wanted to acquire to a greater extent than nigh how to amend apply make-up. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 normal someone powerfulness receive got gone over to MAC at NorthPark Center for lesson, but non Dillon. She enrolled at the Make Up For Ever university inwards New York City in addition to studied nether Scott Barnes. As a effect of that pedagogy (and the fact that Tina Craig is i of her BFF's) she's forthwith a Contributing Beauty Editor at SnobEssentials.com. Like me, Dillon writes how she talks in addition to it makes her operate fun to read because I tin lav literally listen her vox inwards my head, making it experience personal - similar she's sharing a clandestine simply amongst me.

Dillon hails from Minneapolis, Minnesota and which is located straight inwards a higher identify Dallas geographically, but she didn’t choose a straight route to acquire here. Instead, she came via the eastern seaboard. She started her adult life at the University of Iowa where she studied studio fine art for a span of years, in addition to then transferred to the University of Massachusetts to destination her studies. It was inwards Amherst, Massachusetts that she met in addition to vicious madly inwards honey amongst Bill, the human who became her husband. (I experience the demand to bespeak out that she & Bill receive got been together forty years, which is a freaking tape these days. I'm tedious clapping for you, Dillon.) Dillon muses, "After graduate school, nosotros moved to New York City. It was the 80’s in addition to New York was such a raw, exciting identify to be. I never wanted to leave. Eventually, though, Bill got a dandy labor offering at the University of South Carolina inwards Columbia. I intensely dislike that city, but nosotros built a beautiful habitation on a lake and, since nosotros were childless at the time, traveled several times a month. We lived at that spot for 7 years - I telephone telephone it my dandy tribulation menses - but never considered it to go our permanent home. Thankfully, Southern Methodist University recruited Bill, so off nosotros went to Dallas. That was 22 years ago."

Cynthia Smoot & Heidi Dillon at Art For Advocacy
lawsuit at Forty Five Ten (October 2105)
Being an fine art enthusiast, she got involved amongst the Dallas Museum of Art every bit a agency to come across people in addition to pretty rapidly got sucked into the charity scene. "My rattling origin volunteer labor was the Go Van Gogh computer programme at the Dallas Museum of Art. We went out on an adorable minivan loaded amongst fine art supplies in addition to taught fine art classes inwards the DISD schoolhouse system. It was loads of fun," says Dillon.

"That landed me a spot on the board DMA Women’s Auxiliary where I actually got to know everyone at the museum. The origin lawsuit that I chaired was a Chanel rail present at the Adolphus Hotel that benefited the Beaux Arts Ball, every bit it was called at the time. The previous twelvemonth I chaired the still auction for the ball.  In 1996, I was meaning amongst my boy Dallas when I was asked to co-chair the ball. He was xi months former when the Ball took identify inwards 1997.

Ball Chair is a huge, all-consuming labor that rattling few people desire to choose on. I recollect past times the fourth dimension they got around to yell for me several people had turned them down. I was a infant inwards the woods - I had no view what I was signing upwards for!! It was a tremendous learning experience fifty-fifty though it was trial past times fire. Of course, i time y'all practise a large lawsuit similar that, y'all acquire branded amongst the give-and-take “sucker” on your brow in addition to acquire striking upwards often to chair other events." Dillon has also chaired the Leukemia in addition to Lymphoma Society’s St. Valentine’s Luncheon, the Salvation Army’s Fashion Show in addition to Luncheon, Russell Simmon’s Diamond Empowerment Fund Gala, New Year’s Eve at the Nasher in addition to served on "a 1000000 committees also numerous to cite here."

Dillon is legendary around these parts for her style, which tends to lean towards European designers amongst clean, architectural looks. Her favorite color is dark in addition to she'd sooner drib dead than article of apparel a floral print.  In 2005 founded The Fashionistas, a non-profit scheme that celebrates artists, entrepreneurs in addition to visionaries that make-up the fashion industry. The scheme showcases immature in addition to emerging designers through monthly Fashionistas Fashion Fridays events. Shirin Askari; Khanh Nguyen in addition to Nini Nguyen of Nha Khanh, Prashi Shah in addition to Elizabeth Anyaa are simply a few large names to come upwards out of Dallas that The Fashionistas helped launch.

Heidi Dillon, Steve Kemble, Cynthia Smoot in addition to LeeAnne Locken at Fashion X Dallas, September 2015

I asked her where her honey of fashion came from? "This final Christmas my blood brother view it would go fun to present former draw solid unit of measurement slides. As the origin child/grandchild, it was all nigh me - me inwards a pinkish pinafore, me inwards a bluish silk reveal trimmed amongst lace ruffles, me inwards a carmine velvet Christmas dress. It was rattling clear that I was born loving fashion in addition to that my mother, grandmother in addition to aunts indulged me." I asked Dillon about jobs she had worked every bit a teen, expecting her to beak nigh an internship amongst a subdivision store or working retail at a boutique. Nope. Always i for a shocker, Heidi divulged, "I used to operate inwards a toy factory. When I was a kid at that spot was this draw solid unit of measurement downwards the street from me named Schaper who owned the toy mill that made Cooties in addition to Don’t Break the Camel’s Back. Bob Schaper told all of the moms inwards the neighborhood that he would hire their kids for the summer. The infinitesimal I turned 16, my mom walked downwards the street in addition to had a chat amongst Bob. I started working the 4-midnight shift the side past times side 24-hour interval - on the assembly line. It wasn’t bad because a bunch of my friends worked amongst me. My fellow would selection me upwards afterwards operate in addition to nosotros would build out for a while. During the 24-hour interval I went to the beach for a few hours earlier work. But, afterwards a few weeks I got “promoted" to the 7am-4pm shift. That wasn’t nearly every bit much fun because my co-workers were grownups in addition to that shift cutting out my beach time." See what I mean. Just when y'all recollect y'all know where she's coming from or where she's going...  there is a twist.


Heidi Dillon at an Aaron Hendra concert at House of Blues
(April 2015)
And here's some other twist. Six years agone Dillon decided that she wanted to go a boob tube producer in addition to so she laid out to acquire inwards happen. "A famous friend of mine introduced me to her Hollywood agent, I met amongst him, he signed me in addition to sent me out to come across LA production companies that specialize inwards “unscripted” television. I met amongst nigh a dozen companies in addition to settled on a companionship owned past times a hubby in addition to married adult woman duo who simply finished a successful serial on BET in addition to were getting laid upwards to create Real Housewives of Miami.

We striking it off on every score in addition to I began to operate amongst them every bit an independent producer. We started to practise some amazing things together in addition to shortly made it official in addition to started our production companionship Morning Dew Pictures. We sold 4 pilots: Have You Heard About the Hutchinson’s to E!, Young Broke in addition to Fabulous to Style Network, Lee + Lani to WeTV in addition to Chocolate City to MTV. So, forthwith I am a executive producer amongst a few proficient credits to my name."  Even though none of the pilots were taken to serial Dillon was determined to go along working inwards television. "When nosotros did Chocolate City I became friends amongst our principal talent, Ray Cunningham. I saw that Ray had a bigger talent than simply existence some other reality star and, afterwards MTV passed on the series, I asked him if I could go his manager. That was 2 years ago," Dillon says excitedly.

"Ray is forthwith the WeTV digital correspondent in addition to has his ain present on their website called Misster Ray’s Reality Wrap for which he simply won the Cynopsis Media laurels for Best New Digital Show. Tune inwards in addition to y'all tin lav listen him dish some “shade” nigh WeTV shows such every bit Marriage Boot Camp, Growing Up Hip Hop, Tamar in addition to Vince, LA Hair in addition to more. He simply did reality tv’s origin laurels present called The Reallies Awards. Ray also is a regular invitee on The Roland Martin Show on TVOne, he often discuses celebrity gossip on TMZ Live in addition to appears weekly on Good Morning Washington. I receive got large plans for him!" Speaking of reality TV, Heidi is on the brusque listing of those fingered to go appearing on Bravo's upcoming Real Housewives of Dallas. When I asked her what she view nigh the chatter she grinned in addition to said "Well, I volition definitely go watching the show!" Me too, Heidi. Me too!

To read to a greater extent than nigh the Real Housewives of Dallas, CLICK HERE!


Q&A WITH HEIDI DILLON
AKA DILLON DISHES ON DALLAS

OSC: When y'all demand some "me" fourth dimension to relax, where practise y'all acquire or what practise y'all practise to relax in addition to recharge (in the Dallas area)?

HFD: "Bill, Dallas in addition to I are huge moving-picture present buffs. Other than that, my favorite affair to practise to relax is to acquire to my favorite room inwards my draw solid called “the hole”. I similar to snuggle upwards on the couch in addition to lookout adult man materials on my iPad."  ​

OSC: What are your favorite restaurants​ in addition to experience complimentary to give me your favorite dish at each one​? 

HD: "There are so many dandy restaurants inwards Dallas, but nosotros commonly acquire to Abacus, Biernat’s, Bistro 31 in addition to Nick in addition to Sam’s. I honey the pressed hamachi in addition to buffalo at Abacus, the veal osso buco in addition to the buffalo at Biernat’s, in addition to the burrata salad in addition to seared ahi tuna at Bistro 31."

OSC: What are your favorite places to shop?​ 

HD: "Honestly, I am completely addicted to shopping on line. I honey the anonymity of it, the powerfulness to rapidly cost banking enterprise check in addition to the thrill of getting presents inwards the mail.

OSC: What's your favorite Dallas festival​ or event​?

HD: "Every twelvemonth nosotros purchase a tabular array at FGI Dallas Night of Stars. I honey that lawsuit because it’s simply fun in addition to doesn’t choose itself also seriously. They ever convey inwards an amazing designer. My friends ever facial expression so “snatch" in addition to nosotros tend to acquire a niggling “turned up” at the after-after party. LOL.

 OSC: What practise y'all honey most nigh Dallas?

HD: "I honey the life that Bill in addition to I receive got built hither - our home, proficient friends, existence purpose of the community. All warm in addition to fuzzy stuff."  ​

OSC: What practise y'all abhor most nigh Dallas? 

HD: "Some of the women seem to alive inwards a fear-based climate: fearfulness of non existence accepted into the correct clique, fearfulness of existence blackballed from the clique, fearfulness of existence authentic because they powerfulness non tally in, fearfulness of what people volition think,etc. I could acquire on in addition to on. It’s to a greater extent than than a niggling fleck sad."

Connect amongst Heidi Dillon:





Sumber http://www.ohsocynthia.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post