Fireside Pies: The Good, The Bad, in addition to The Sangria



According to their website, Fireside Pies is "a neighborhood gathering identify amongst its ain finish appeal." I cause got visited a distich of their locations inwards years yesteryear when they kickoff opened but it had been AGES since I'd sampled their pies, then when their PR theater lately invited me inwards to revisit the concept, I was eager to larn reintroduced to their cuisine. Launched inwards 2004, Fireside Pies is right away a collection of intimate neighborhood restaurants dedicated to serving outstanding artisan pizzas made inwards hot wood-fired ovens, equally good equally items that naturally compliment pizza such equally marketplace position fresh salads, craveable appetizers, housemade desserts, fine wines, arts and crafts beers together with scratch cocktails. Each Fireside Pies eating seat reflects the graphic symbol of its neighborhood then no ii are the same. Last black I paid a see to the Inwood Road location inwards Park Cities together with our see was a mixed handbag of tricks. Mon was the kickoff twenty-four sixty minutes menses of schoolhouse for Highland Park, then I took my married adult man together with boy to dinner then nosotros could larn the low-down from my boy almost his day. Plus, what shaver doesn't similar pizza!? This month, Fireside Pies is on the Hatch Chili bandwagon featuring an array of Hatch Chili-themed specials. We determine to become amongst the Hatch Crostini. We all idea it would hold upward a hot appetizer but it came out cold. Cold caprine animal cheese on mutual depression temperature breadstuff smeared amongst a mutual depression temperature tapenade. Not good. Not skilful at all. But the adjacent appetizer nosotros got totally made upward for the kickoff #FAIL. I am giving ii thumbs means upward for the Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadew Peppers. They were packed amongst flavour together with were hot, delicious footling flavour bombs inwards your mouth.



For our entrees nosotros went amongst a Premium Meats Pizza (or equally I teasingly referred to it - The Caveman Special) made amongst spicy sausage, crumbled meatballs, crispy Prosciutto, mozzarella, smoked provolone together with truffle oil. Well, it was supposed to cause got truffle crude oil but our server delivered it to our tabular array amongst an "Oops, I'm distressing but we're out of truffle oil. Hope y'all don't mind!". The boys did, but it was also slowly to alter anything at that indicate shy of beingness a douchebag together with sending it back. I would cause got preferred to brand that selection before the entree was delivered to our tabular array (shrug). I had the Peta Pie amongst balsamic mustard portobello mushrooms, caprine animal cheese, ruddy peppers, piñon nuts together with fresh arugula. It was delicious together with the alone matter I didn't similar almost it is that it was served fifteen minutes later the other ii pizzas had hitting the tabular array together with were already one-half devoured.

So, here's the thing. I justice a skilful review yesteryear how I experience when the nib comes. If they select the nib together with I tin await at it together with tell to myself, "Yep, that was worth every flake of XXX." Then that was a skilful meal. With Fireside Pies I am torn downwards the middle. One ane hand, the staff was amazing. Our server, Lorraine, was then cute I wanted to adopt her together with cause got her home. The Red Passion Sangria was then delicious I could cause got forgone the nutrient together with simply had a liquid dinner together with been happy. It was loaded amongst flavour together with had a cinnamon seize amongst teeth to it that was addicting. On the other hand, the pizzas were good, but non great. The nutrient delivery was stilted together with uneven. But when I got the nib together with saw that the value of what nosotros ordered was about $100 for 3 people, I said, "Oh, no. Hell no." No pizza place, I don't help how fancy pants y'all larn inwards is worth $100 for a casual weekday dinner. Now, granted, my married adult man together with I did cause got 2 cocktails each, which was in all likelihood one-half the full of the nib (which is then wrong), but still... So, volition I hold upward going dorsum for a GNO for drinks? For sure. Will I hold upward calling them adjacent fourth dimension my boy asks for pizza? No. Should y'all give it a try? Yes. Just don't lodge the Hatch Crostini - larn the Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppadew Peppers together with y'all volition hold upward happy. http://www.firesidepies.com

Locations:
2820 North Henderson Avenue, Dallas, TX • (214) 370-3916
7709 Inwood Road, Dallas, TX • (214) 357-3800
5717 Legacy Drive, Suite 110, Plano, TX • (972) 398-2700
1285 S. Main Street, Grapevine, TX • (817) 416-1285



Sumber http://www.ohsocynthia.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post