Peanut Butter Cookies Gluten-Free & Vegan


Have you lot always had a bespeak to come upwardly up alongside the perfect recipe? Well I've been on a journeying for years to do the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe. Not simply whatever peanut butter cookie recipe though! I gear upwardly out to do i that is gratis of gluten, dairy, soy, as well as eggs as well as i that is naturally sweetened. To larn a pace farther I also wanted a recipe gratis of starches as well as xanthan gum. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 whole foods cookie if you lot will.

I haven't actually been dabbling inwards baking that much lately. Spring is here, my 2 twelvemonth one-time twins late weaned, as well as I accept been craving lighter, cleansing foods for the origin fourth dimension inwards 8 1/2 years. Yes, this is the origin fourth dimension I haven't either been lactating or gestating inwards nearly nine years! The boys slumber soundly forthwith alongside their sisters for a practiced 11 hours. I no longer demand those calorie-dense foods that baked goods provided. However, every bit I was turning off the lite inwards the pantry final night, a recipe struck me. It came to me inwards a flash, inwards the total of fourth dimension it took me to plough off the light. I had to bake! At 10:30pm the cookies were inwards the oven as well as I patiently waited for the arrival of the perfect peanut butter cookie. They weren't it! Too viscid as well as chewy but definitely worth the endeavour to tweak the recipe as well as seek again.



I accept flora that using simply a tad also much chia seeds tin crusade the whole recipe to plough into a viscid mess. Chia seeds are similar to flax seeds though alongside to a greater extent than binding power. I add together them to green smoothies if I desire my smoothie to live on my breakfast as well as hold me total until lunch. They are also delicious sprinkled over your morn hot breakfast cereal or over a bowl of fruit. 

I played alongside the recipe a chip this morning, alongside less chia seeds this time, as well as came upwardly alongside something I mean value you lot volition like. My sense of savour testers (the children as well as parents at school) all gave me ii thumbs upwardly today hence I am calling this recipe spider web log worthy as well as hoping that you lot all volition relish it too! I'll in all probability even hence locomote along to examination this recipe to encounter if it tin live on whatever to a greater extent than delicious. I'd honey to listen your feedback if you lot brand them. :)


Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies are truthful to their name: peanut butter. The season of the peanuts shines through as well as isn't masked yesteryear whatever other ingredients. They are crispy on the outside, chewy inwards the center. I tested them alongside both sucanat as well as kokosnoot sugar. The batch alongside kokosnoot carbohydrate is slightly less sweet. My bet is that whatever granulated sweetener volition locomote here, such every bit maple carbohydrate or turbinado sugar. My preference is for kokosnoot carbohydrate which is a low-glycemic sweetener. My sense of savour testers noted that this recipe mightiness do best using salted peanut butter (I used unsalted inwards my examination batches). Sunflower butter is simply about other selection for those of you lot who demand to consume nut-free. One of the batches I made used one-half sunflower butter as well as one-half peanut butter. To grind chia seeds, house at to the lowest degree 1/4 loving cup into a java grinder or Vitamix. Store whatever leftovers inwards a drinking glass jolt inwards the fridge. Enjoy! :)

Yield: About 2 dozen 2-inch cookies

Wet Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons solid put down chia seeds
  • 1/4 loving cup real hot water
  • 1/4 loving cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 loving cup grapeseed crude or melted kokosnoot oil
  • 3/4 loving cup kokosnoot carbohydrate or sucanat
  • 1 loving cup creamy organic peanut butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
Dry Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups sorghum flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon body of body of water salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place the solid put down chia seeds as well as hot H2O into a medium-sized mixing bowl; whisk together until stringy, most xxx seconds. Then add together remaining moisture ingredients. Using an electrical mixer, rhythm out until incorporated, most sixty seconds.

Add dry out ingredients as well as rhythm out in i trial again until the dough forms a ball. The dough is sticky as well as may ride upwardly on the beaters. If this happens simply plough them off as well as scrape downwards the dough hence mix again. Use plenty flour until the mixture holds together well. 

Roll dough into balls, house onto an ungreased cookie sheet, as well as press downwards using the tines of a fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Source: www.NourishingMeals.com

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post