What’s On Our Cover Woman’s Bucket List?

By Tiffany White



Soha Saiyed is a change-maker who isn’t afraid to utter most the tough topics. When the 35-year-old utilization lawyer at Abney & McCarty is non inwards the courtroom, she is educating the community most human trafficking inwards Kentucky. Soha, who lives inwards Shelbyville, is co-chair of both the Shelby County too Nelson County Human Trafficking Task Forces.


Through preparation too educational sessions, she helps people sympathise how human trafficking industrial plant too discusses the signs of human trafficking too how to assist foreclose it. “A few years ago, I was at a matrimony conference, too I learned most what human trafficking was too that people were falling victim to sexual practice trafficking. They were existence forced to prostitute themselves. I too learned most labor trafficking, where people are forced to practise go too non able to leave, too I was shocked to know that that fifty-fifty happens today, then I wanted to practise something most it,” she says.



Advocating for others inwards demand has been a passion that Soha has been able to fulfill through lawyering for 10 years. Soha too her parents, who are originally from India, moved to Shelbyville from Wisconsin when Soha was a teenager. After graduating from high school, she received her undergraduate score from Bellarmine University along alongside degrees inwards line concern too police delineate from the University of Louisville. For the past times 7 years, she worked for the Legal Aid Society, where she skilful full general civil litigation. “I dear existence a lawyer. There is a novel challenge every day, too I desire to assist brand my clients’ lives better,” she says.

Although Soha deals alongside heavy issues throughout her week, she loves to accept fourth dimension out for traveling, exercising, watching makeup tutorials on YouTube, too crossing off items on her bucket list.

Her Bucket List
  • End poverty.
  • Argue earlier the U.S. Supreme Court.
  • Travel to every the world inwards the world. “My sis too I are planning to acquire to Republic of Cuba this summer; that would hold out the 13th the world that I stimulate got visited.”
  • Write a sci-fi or fantasy book.
  • Start nonprofit organizations inwards Kentucky too India. “In Kentucky, nosotros stimulate got a misfortunate population. There is non a lot of chance inwards Kentucky then I would desire the nonprofit to bargain alongside economical opportunity...with a inquiry appear that would report what nosotros are lacking hither that could actually motility people forwards too non simply to stimulate got a project but stimulate got a career. The nonprofit inwards India, where my parents are from, would focus on women’s empowerment issues. In India, at that topographic point is such a drastic divergence inwards the rights of women.”
  • Own a Chanel suit. “I actually similar fashion, too when I scout a Chanel rail show, the clothes, the attitude, too the styling are just what I would desire to expect similar every hateful solar daytime if I could afford to practise that.”
  • Be inwards a movie.

Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post