What Works for Liz Everman

By Lucy M. Pritchett




We lately caught upward amongst Liz Everman, our 2004 Most Admired Woman/Media, in addition to we’re glad nosotros did. Liz continues to study on Wednesday’s Child amongst WLKY News Channel 32 in addition to is chair of Wednesday’s Child Incorporated, which helps recruit in addition to render back upward to adoptive families of older foster children, some amongst especial needs.


Liz estimates that some 4,000 children inwards Kentucky cause got been adopted equally a effect of Wednesday’s Child, which is inwards its 37th year.

This energetic adult woman has taken on some other enthusiasm. She lately received her certification inwards Applied Positive Psychology from The Flourishing Center inwards New York. Last year, Liz attended three-day classes 1 time a calendar month for 7 months which were supplemented past times online run in addition to research. The course of education is designed to a greater extent than or less the model of Flourishing developed past times MD Martin Seligman, professor at University of Pennsylvania in addition to founder of Positive Psychology.

Photos past times Trina Whalin 


“The sentiment is to assist people construct on their strengths, to broaden in addition to construct on what’s correct amongst them instead of what’s wrong,” Liz says. “It encourages individuals to adopt practices that Pb to living happy, engaged lives. There is a questionnaire that identifies one’s top 24 strengths in addition to virtues. You accept your top 5 or 7 in addition to construct on them.”

It won’t surprise you lot to know that 2 of Liz’s top 5 strengths are inventiveness in addition to originality in addition to the capacity to dear in addition to last loved.

You tin give the axe accept the exam here for free.

“I started out thinking I would accept the course of education for myself in addition to and so realized I could exercise this to assist the Wednesday’s Child kids. I programme on starting amongst a pocket-sized group, those betwixt xviii in addition to 24 who are aging out of the foster attention system.

“I’m fascinated past times the scientific discipline of it. To acquire authentically who you lot are in addition to non struggling to last something you lot aren’t.”

On a totally dissimilar note, Liz says that Korean dramas cause got acquire some other passion. They offering a await into a dissimilar civilisation amongst its fashion in addition to makeup in addition to food, she says. “I’ve fifty-fifty learned a few Korean phrases, which come upward inwards handy when I swallow at Charim (a Korean eatery inwards St. Matthews).” She watches these shows on DramaFever.com in addition to viki.com. Both sites offering costless streaming. Netflix also carries a choice of Korean dramas.



Liz sentiment of many things that run for her inwards life, but nosotros narrowed them downward to these three:

10 Guideposts for Wholehearted Living by Brené Brown
I read these every morning time in addition to endeavor to alive my days based on these ideals. This is the agency I desire to exhibit upward inwards the world. The words remind me that a purposeful life leads to authentic happiness. This is non only something to study but a agency of life.



JBL Bluetooth portable speakers
I dear music, in addition to this agency I tin give the axe hear to it wherever I go. I cause got the waterproof tabletop speaker in addition to the 1 I tin give the axe clip on my belt in addition to motion to a greater extent than or less with. I also cause got a bluetooth earbud for the car. I hear to iHeartRadio — everything from bluegrass to Beatles, in addition to music from the ’40s to classical, popular, in addition to gospel. I am serious most my music.



Find My iPhone App
I exercise this every day! I am ever losing my phone, in addition to I tin give the axe discovery it amongst this app. I exercise my iPad to discovery the telephone in addition to exercise the telephone to discovery my iPad. I cause got left my telephone inwards hotel rooms in addition to inwards taxis. I sign inwards to my trace of piece of job concern human relationship in addition to cause got it play a audio if my telephone is somewhere inwards the house. If it has been lost or stolen, I tin give the axe remotely lock the phone, come across its place on a map, in addition to shipping a message to telephone telephone me if found.
Sumber http://www.todayswomannow.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post