History Of The Herpes Virus

History Of The Herpes Virus

The various forms of herpes have been with us since the early days of mankind. It is one of the oldest sexually transmitted diseases and has been documented and attempted to treat over thousands of years. The first documented evidence came from the times of ancient Greece, around 450 BC. It was the Hippocrates which first wrote about the physical symptoms of herpes.



In fact, it was from the ancient Greeks that the word "herpes" originated, derived from the Greek word "herpein". Herpein means to crawl and creep, a reference to the ways the herpes sores migrate over an infected area.



In the times of the Roman Empire, The Emperor Tiberius was so concerned about the spread of the cold sores (HSV1) that during any public ceremonies or celebrations, he banned kissing altogether. Although this might be considered a little drastic, what the Roman physician named Celcus had in mind was far more concerning. His preferred method of treatment was to cauterize open herpes sores with a red hot poker! There is little documented evidence as to whether this method of treatment was successful, however I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief that it is no longer practiced today!



It was not until the late 1800's that physicians finally began to truly understand herpes. In 1893, a French physician named Emile Vidal proved for the first time that the herpes virus is transmitted from one person to another. In 1896, a German physician named Paul Unna developed a way to differentiate the herpes virus from syphilis under a microscope. This was a breakthrough at the time because under microscopic examination, herpes and syphilis were often confused with each other, leading to mis-diagnosis.



In the 1900's, a German ophthalmologist created a new test to determine the diagnosis of herpes in a patient. The virus was first transmitted from an infected patient to the cornea of a rabbit. It was then transmitted back to a human, confirming diagnosis. This process was named the Grater test, which amazingly was used until the 1940's to diagnose herpes.



In 1925 it was proven for the first time by an American virologist, that herpes travels through the human body via our central nervous system, and not through the blood stream as previously thought.



The big breakthrough in treating herpes came in 1978 when the anti-viral medication Acyclovir was developed and test on human herpes sufferers first took place. In 1981, Acyclovir became commercially available. To date, there is no known cure for herpes,however, simple changes in diet, lifestyle and taking supplements are proven to prevent future herpes outbreaks. For a complete solution to your herpes outbreaks, just visit genital herpes.

4 Comments

  1. I really happy that i and my boyfriend are cured of (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with the herbal medicine of Dr aigbehi , i have been suffering from this disease for the past 3 years without solution until i came across the email of this doctors who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me and my boyfriend, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it, i also follows his instruction for use and he ask us to go for a check up after 3 weeks and which i did, to my greatest surprise our result came out as negative, we are really happy that there is someone like this DR who is ready to help anytime any day. to all the readers and viewers that is doubting this testimony stop doubting it and contact this Dr and see if he will not actually help you. i am not a stupid woman that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done for me. he is really a great man contact him now. with this email: draigbehispellhome@gmail.com he is waiting for your calls.+2347036842735 email: draigbehispellhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really happy that i and my boyfriend are cured of (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with the herbal medicine of Dr aigbehi , i have been suffering from this disease for the past 3 years without solution until i came across the email of this doctors who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me and my boyfriend, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it, i also follows his instruction for use and he ask us to go for a check up after 3 weeks and which i did, to my greatest surprise our result came out as negative, we are really happy that there is someone like this DR who is ready to help anytime any day. to all the readers and viewers that is doubting this testimony stop doubting it and contact this Dr and see if he will not actually help you. i am not a stupid woman that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done for me. he is really a great man contact him now. with this email: draigbehispellhome@gmail.com he is waiting for your calls.+2347036842735 email: draigbehispellhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am almost speechless, I have been suffering with HSV2 positive now for about a year, and I tried everything to get it to go away. I was diagnosed with it about a year ago. Some guy I was with gave it to me, but the doctor said, lucky I didn't have a bad case of it. The doctor told me my levels were very low. I am so saddened by our government that they don't take this disease more seriously. I am so depressed everyday, and I still feel like my life is over, especially ever finding love. This disease is almost worse then Aids, because it spreads so quickly. I feel so bad for everyone the suffers with this nightmare, and my only wish is that our government will support finding a cure quickly. My heart goes out to you all. I cry almost everyday, because I was healthy and someone gave me this terrible disease, and I have two children to look after. I have never told anyone about my diagnosis, because people really make fun of it and its no joke !!till last month i found a contact of DR AIKOBAYA who help me with his herpes medicine that was able to flush it out from my body system, i am so much grateful and i pray that my God will continue to bless him for the help he always render to people out there, contact his Email: aikobaya24hourslovespell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! I’m indeed very happy for the great help that Dr. okorom rendered to me, I was a herpes patient my husband also was a herpes patient, we saw a blog whereby Dr. okorom cured herpes, we (Me and My Husband) decided to contact him which we did, he asked us to buy some items, unfailingly we sent him the money he will need in buying the items required, He castes the spell and asked us to go for check-up after three days of casting the spell, Luckily for us we were tested herpes negative, now I believe all these Testimonies about him on the internet, he is truly a great man, if you want to discuss with me on how he cured us, kindly email me on deanfneilsarah@gmail.com or you can contact the great Herbalist and a spell caster on dr.okoromspellhome@live.com or you can call him via his mobile phone number on +2348158168556,.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post